Position: Program Coordinator
- Completion of a visual arts related degree from a post secondary institution, or the equivalent in professional experience in visual arts or a related field.
- Some experience or specific interest in arts advocacy/policy.
- Organized, deadline oriented and a self starter.
VANL-CARFAC is the primary umbrella advocacy organization for the visual arts sector in Newfoundland and Labrador and as a member’s based group, VANL-CARFAC’s official motto is “artists working for artists.”
The program coordinator will tasked with maintaining the VANL-CARFAC office and will serve as the primary contact for members and for non-member artists and organizations. In this capacity the coordinator will be required to address individual concerns of artist members, locate and dispense the information and resources they may need and/or filter appropriate calls/emails to the Executive Director, the board or committee chairs.
In addition the Program Coordinator is responsible for (but not limited to) the following duties:
- producing the weekly E-Bulletin highlighting exhibitions, gathering news from the visual arts sector, residencies and job opportunities, and sending it to the VANL membership.
- Bi-weekly bookkeeping, processing memberships and keeping the artist member databases current
- send membership/information packages to new members.
- co-ordinate with the Executive Director on all events and programming for the organization as they occur over the course of the year: including the Excellence in Visual Arts Awards, annual general meeting, board meetings, Professional Development workshops, Artist Talks, etc. and work with necessary committees to actualize all details of these programs..
- maintain updated media, gallery and patron contact lists as well as artist’s websites.
This is a 30 hour a week position.
Deadline for application: August 4th 2017
For more information, or to email a resume and cover letter please contact: (toll free) 1-877-738-7303 & firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes & cover letters can also be mailed or delivered in person to:
Visual Artists Newfoundland & Labrador (VANL-CARFAC)
59 Duckworth St. (Devon House, 3rd Floor)
St. John’s, NL