Wondering if you should become a member of VANL-CARFAC? There are many great reasons to join our organization. As a member, you will receive:
- a weekly e-bulletin with information on provincial, national and international opportunities, calls, and exhibitions
- subscription to Calendar, the national CARFAC newsletter, as well as CARFAC’s Advocacy Alerts
- special prices on VANL and CARFAC workshops, seminars and professional development events
- access to information resources on a wide variety of subjects such as copyright, moral rights, taxation, funding, contracts, etc.
- free admission to The Rooms with membership card*
- free admission to the National Gallery in Ottawa with membership card
- a 10% discount off subscriptions to Canadian Art magazine and Riddle Fence, as well as purchases at The Travel Bug (let them know you’re a member to receive your discount!)
- A 10% discount on art supplies and 25% discount on framing at Art Cansel!
- eligibility to apply to the Colin MacNee Emergency Fund, which assists artists in times of need**
- special prices on Certificates of Canadian Origin for exhibiting work abroad
- exclusive eligibility for the IAA (International Association of Artists) card, which grants free or discounted admission to galleries and museums across Europe
- eligibility for our Artist Talk program**
- a tax deductible receipt which can be claimed as a professional expense
- option to have your bio, photo and website listed on our membership page
- option to be featured as Member of the Month on our Home Page
- subscription to Advisory Note of the Month and access to all Advisory Notes on request, any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of available Advisory Notes click here
- A STRONG AND UNIFIED VOICE FOR VISUAL ARTISTS
* free admission to the Rooms is available for all Regular Artist, Artist Couple and Student members, with current membership card.
**Open to Regular Artist and Artist Couple members only.
For membership rates and payment information, including Paypal, visit our Rates and Payment page.