Visual Artists Newfoundland and Labrador is seeking applications for the position of Workshop Creator and Facilitator.
Title: Workshop Creator and Facilitator
Contract fee: $7950 ($1650 for the creation of the workshops, and $600 for each workshop delivery session). Travel, accommodations and per diem will also be provided.
The Workshop Creator and Facilitator (WCF) would be responsible for the creation and facilitation of two workshops: Designing an Artists’ Website, and Getting the Word Out: Media and Publicity. These activities would include:
- Research and development of content for each workshop topic, including a Powerpoint presentation, handout materials, and hands-on participation components;
- Working with the Finance and Planning committee as content advisors and editors to ensure that each workshop meets the needs of the membership and is professionally presented;
- Working from own office space independent of VANL-CARFAC;
- Facilitation of both workshops, which will include travel to 5 locations across the province over 5 different weekends;
- Transportation of materials and equipment to each location as needed;
- Development of a feedback questionnaire to be collected from all participants;
- Collection and recording of workshop fees paid by participants;
- Creation of a comprehensive final report detailing the outcome of the workshops including attendance and participant feedback;
- VANL is responsible for publicity and for booking any travel, accommodations and venues.
The successful Candidate will:
· Have knowledge of and develop structure and content for each of the following workshop topics: Artists’ Websites and Media and Publicity. Artists’ Websites should provide a foundation in designing an artists’ website, including an overview of different formats for artists’ sites and different programs and free online tools with which to create sites, tips on setting up online stores for selling work, ways to get websites noticed, and more. Participants should have a chance to work together to create a simple website in the second part of the session. Getting the Word Out: Media and Publicity: This workshop should teach participants how to best get the word out about their work, including how to write a press release, how to pitch an article, how to properly document work, using Facebook, Twitter and other new media to help boost profile, and more. Participants should have the opportunity to write and critique a press release or other media materials in a group setting in the second part of the session. Each workshop should be between 3 and 4 hours in length and should include a powerpoint component, a hands-on component for the group, and handout/worksheet materials.
· Develop all content for the workshops, incorporating feedback from the Executive Director and Finance and Planning committee to ensure the workshops meet the organization’s needs;
· Work independently from their own office space;
· Maintain appropriate records;
· Have knowledge of VANL-CARFAC and its mandate and programs;
· Work with VANL-CARFAC’s permanent staff and board of directors as required;
· Plan own timeline and adhere to this timeline;
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal, presentation, communication and organizational skills;
· Have experience teaching or facilitating related workshops or courses.
Closing Date: August 31, 2011 at 5 pm.
Interested individuals should apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please put ‘Workshop Facilitator Application’ in the subject heading of the email.