Organization: Visual Artists Newfoundland & Labrador (VANL-CARFAC)
Position: Program Coordinator
- Some experience or specific interest in arts advocacy/policy/administration.
- Organized, deadline oriented and a self starter.
- A visual arts related degree from a post secondary institution is an asset but is not required to apply.
VANL-CARFAC is the primary umbrella advocacy organization for the visual arts sector in Newfoundland and Labrador and as a member’s-based group, VANL-CARFAC’s official motto is “artists working for artists.”
The program coordinator will be tasked with maintaining the VANL-CARFAC office and will serve as the primary contact for members and for non-member artists and organizations. In this capacity the coordinator will be required to address individual concerns of artist members, locate and dispense the information and resources they may need and/or filter appropriate calls/emails to the Executive Director, the board or committee chairs.
In addition the Program Coordinator is responsible for (but not limited to) the following duties:
- producing the weekly E-Bulletin highlighting exhibitions, gathering news from the visual arts sector, residencies and job opportunities, and sending it to the VANL membership.
- Bi-weekly bookkeeping, processing memberships and keeping the artist member databases current.
- email membership/information packages to new members.
- co-ordinate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on all events and programming for the organization as they occur over the course of the year: including the Excellence in Visual Arts Awards, annual general meeting, board meetings, Professional Development workshops, Artist Talks, etc. and work with necessary committees to actualize all details of these programs.
- maintain updated media, gallery and patron contact lists as well as artist’s websites.
- Managing mail orders and memberships
- Maintaining the VANL office
- Managing VANL’s website and social media and overseeing member communications.
- Ability to self-direct and set ongoing goals and objectives, as well as, ability to work with board of directors, committees and staff
- Good communication skills
- Some familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MailChimp, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress will be considered an asset
This position is 30 hours a week.
Starting Date: May 2nd
VANL-CARFAC Employees receive a contribution to the cost of a basic health and dental plan; two weeks vacation time; and two weeks professional practice time annually.
Deadline for application: April 18th 2022
Please include references with your resume
For more information, or to email a resume and cover letter contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (toll free) 1-877-738-7303 .
Resumes/Cover letters can also be mailed or delivered in person to:
Visual Artists Newfoundland & Labrador (VANL-CARFAC)
155 Water St.
St. John’s, NL