Date of Call: February 12th, 2019
To: VANL-CARFAC Membership
VANL-CARFAC is looking to engage an artist to produce an original work to be presented as the prize for the Mary MacDonald Award. This award is one of five awards to be presented annually as part of the EVA Awards (Excellence in Visual Arts Awards). Offset reproductions will not be considered.
Artists submitting proposals must be up-to-date members of VANL-CARFAC. Individuals may become members at the time of submission. Please, contact the VANL-CARFAC office for details.
1. The artwork must take into account the purpose behind the award, which is meant to honour an individual, group or organization whose efforts have helped to sustain and build the visual arts sector
2. The artworks must be small in scale. As a rough guideline for applicants, we suggest that you keep proposed works within range of the following measurements
– two-dimensional and framed works, approx. 11” x 17”
– three-dimensional works, approx. 1 ft. sq.
3. The visual artists currently sitting on the VANL-CARFAC EVA Committee will serve as the selection committee to evaluate all proposals and select the artist for this commission.
Submissions can be made electronically via email to email@example.com (with ‘Mary MacDonald Artwork submission’ in the subject line), or mailed or delivered by hand to 275 Duckworth St, Unit 1 St. John’s NL A1C 1G9. All submissions must include the following materials:
a written project description, no more than one (1) page in length, stating visual art medium, materials, approximate size and concept of the proposed final artworks.
a sketch or some form of visual representation of the concept
the artist’s CV
up to 10 images, saved as JPEGs, on a PC-compatible CDR or sent via email, of past work (Original artwork will not be accepted.) This should be accompanied by a numbered image list with image title, size and medium, and the JPEG titles should include the artist name and image number (e. Smith_01).
Deadline for Proposals: March 8th, 2019
Selection of Artist: March 15th, 2019
Final Project Delivery Date: May 15th, 2019
Artist fee of $750.00 (firm) to be paid for the completed artwork, payable once the artwork has been delivered. Any shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist.
Please note that VANL-CARFAC retains the right to photograph the artworks in the context of the EVA Awards Ceremony, for the purposes of display in own website, newsletter and other organization materials, including newspaper advertisements congratulating the winner of the award. The artist will be credited in all instances where the image may appear. We will not sell or licence images of the artworks for use by any other organization.
For more information about the EVA Awards program, you can view program information online at www.vanl-carfac.com or contact the VANL-CARFAC office by phone at 1-877-738-7303 or email, at firstname.lastname@example.org