2018 EVA Awards – Call for Applications and Nominations Now Open!
VANL-CARFAC Now Accepting Applications and Nominations for 2018 Excellence in Visual Arts Awards!
All artists and art lovers in the province are encouraged to apply for the 2018 Excellence in Visual Arts Awards. There have been some exciting new changes to this year’s awards, introducing new award categories that will allow more artists to be nominated and more broadly reflect the visual arts community.
The five categories for this year’s ceremony are:
- Mary MacDonald Award recognizes an individual or organization whose efforts have helped to sustain and build the visual arts sector;
- Endurance Award recognizes the consistent dedication and commitment of an artist to their professional practice, and to sustained creative output and performance;
- Milestone Award celebrates a visual artist who has, in the last calendar year, achieved a significant milestone in their career, through exhibition or presentation, a breakthrough in their practice, or new and innovative exploration;
- Emerging Artist Award honours the promising start made by an emerging visual artist in the early stages of their career;
- Critical Eye Award which recognizes a visual arts writer for an exceptional piece of writing on an NL artist in any print or online publication worldwide.
Cash prizes of $2000 are attached to the awards, except for the Mary MacDonald Award, whose recipient receives $1000 and an original work of art.
Applications must be received or postmarked by 5 pm, April 16th. Application forms and full rules can be found here.
As the only awards program solely dedicated to celebrating the achievements of this province’s visual artists, the EVA Awards have become an exciting part of the annual cultural activities in this province. With previous winners from Grand Falls-Windsor, St. John’s, Corner Brook, Fogo Island, Pouch Cove and Robinsons, this awards program recognizes excellence province-wide.
For more information about the EVA Awards, please contact Shelby Millwater at 1-877-738-7303 or email@example.com.