*** Nominations are currently closed for 2021***
Thanks to everyone who made nominations to this year’s awards. Winners will be announced on July 9th 2021
1. Anyone can nominate an individual for any or all of the awards listed.
2. An individual can only nominate one name per award.
3. A single nomination is enough for an artist to be considered.
4. Artists may submit their own names for The Milestone Award*, The Critical Eye Award **, The Endurance Award, and The Emerging Visual Artist Award.
5. Anyone may nominate an art writer for The Critical Eye Award*. The art writer can be of any nationality, may reside in any province of Canada, or any country worldwide, as long as they have written about a Newfoundland Labrador artist within the preceding calendar year, from January 1 2019 to December 31 2020
6. All applications must include: completed EVA Awards Application Form and a paragraph stating the reasons for the nomination. All other materials required for the nomination will be obtained by VANL-CARFAC, directly from the artist or organization.
7. Winners will be selected by an awards jury comprised of three visual arts professionals representing the provincial and the national perspectives. A shortlist of finalists for each award—excluding the Endurance and Mary MacDonald awards– will be announced in advance. The winners in each category will be announced in an online event on July 9th 2021.
Or by mail to: EVA Awards Visual Artists Newfoundland and Labrador (VANL-CARFAC) 275 Duckworth St. (Unit 1), St. John’s, NL, A1C 1G9
Eligibility Nominations will be open to all permanent residents of Newfoundland and Labrador who have resided in the province for at least 12 months previous. Note: VANL Board members are not eligible for nominations.
* For The Milestone Award, the jury will be considering a Newfoundland & Labrador artist’s activities for the preceding calendar year, from January 1 2019 to December 31 2020
** For the Critical Eye Award, the jury will consider a piece of writing published in the preceding calendar year, from January 1 2019 to December 31st 2020