- The postmark and drop-off deadline for nominations is April 1st, 2015 at 5PM.
- Anyone can nominate an individual for any or all of the awards listed.
- An individual can only nominate one name per award.
- A single nomination is enough for an individual to be considered.
- Artists may submit their own names for The Large Year Award* and The Emerging Artist Award. Art Writers may submit their own names for The Critical Eye Award.
- All applications must be accompanied by relevant support materials:
- a completed EVA Awards Application Form 2015.
- 1 paragraph stating the reasons for the nomination
- the nominee’s CV
- for the Emerging Artist Award, Long Haul Award and Large Year Award: 10-20 images in JPEG format only, submitted by email or on CD-R (no slides or photographs will be accepted), OR 10-20 minutes of video by email or on DVD for video art and real-time art documentation. Original artwork will not be accepted.
Note: you may also choose to include no more than three additional pieces of support material (press clippings, reviews, critical writing, catalogs, etc.).
- For the Critical Eye Award: submit one piece of writing on an NL artist published in the past calendar year, in any print or online publication. If you have more than one eligible article/review send only your single strongest work.
- Please include a photo of the nominee for possible promotional material.
- Winners will be selected by an awards jury comprised of three visual arts professionals representing the provincial and the national perspectives. A shortlist of finalists for all awards will be announced in advance. The winners in each category will be announced at an awards gala, June 5th 2015, at The Rooms in St. John’s.
Applications may be submitted electronically via Dropbox or WeTransfer.com (preferred) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Visual Artists Newfoundland and Labrador (VANL-CARFAC)
59 Duckworth Street, 3rd Floor
St. John’s, NL, A1C 1E6
Nominations will be open to all permanent residents of Newfoundland and Labrador who have resided in the province for at least 12 months previous, with the exception of the Critical Eye Award, which is open to all art writers worldwide.**
*For The Large Year Award, the jury will be considering a Newfoundland & Labrador artist’s activities for the preceding calendar year, from January 1 to December 31.
**Note: VANL Board members are not eligible for nominations.